Wednesday, November 14, 2012

NaNoWrMo 2012 - Progress Anyone?

I was off to an excellent start with National Novel Writing Month.  I wrote a little over 10,000 words and mostly ironed out plot issues.  This might not seem very much, but plot issues were killing my progress for my novel.  Now I can think clearer, and the words flow easier since the harmony has returned. 

That said, the progress I had was halted, and I'm not even half way through the month.  Damn!  Sometimes life overwhelms us with its untimely incidents, which is precisely what happened to me.  Both of my kids collided in a freak accident which has led to two trips to the ER, several trips to the dentist and of course, the pediatrician.  No worries, everyone is fine but this cat lost a life or two that's for sure. Between work, missed school and good lord anything else that comes with that, I'm certain of one thing only: minimal progress for NaNoWrMo.  Oh well...  

I decided to write this post to find out if others are struggling with nanowrimo progress.  I think it wouldn't be so bad if it weren't the end of the year.  For some reason, I feel a bit sullen that 2012 is almost over.  I think it's because the remainder of my year is planned out extensively, which gives me little time for editing and probably less for writing.  Oh well...

On another note, I'm curious how others are using NaNoWrMo to network and write.  Has anyone else met with their group?  Or do you have plans to attend a Write In?  Unfortunately, with work and my family, I don't have the time to attend one.  Still, the plan is to keep trying, right?

Have a fabulous week and don't forget to stop by on Friday for I Miss You Blogfest!
Mina B.

9 comments:

Elise Fallson said...

Sooo sorry to hear about your little ones! Must have been stressful to say the least. Glad everyone is better now. Wish I could give you updates on my NaNo progress, but not doing it this year. But good luck to you for the remainder of the month! (:

Kyra Lennon said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear your little ones got hurt! Sounds like your month has been a nightmare so far!

NaNo is actually going okay for me, I'm still on target which is all I could hope for! :D

Allison said...

Well, glad the kids are okay! I am very behind in NaNo, but that's ok, cause I'm still getting words down on the page!

Allison (Geek Banter)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So sorry about your kids! Bet that did take a couple years off of your life.
I participated in NaNo two years ago and never met with our local group.

M Pax said...

Well, I'm not doing NaNo, but I'm trying to finish my next WIP before it's deadline. I feel as long as I keep moving forward, it's a victory.

Seems like you made a great dent in this story though. That's really positive.

Nick Wilford said...

Glad everyone's OK! I got a shock when I read about the accident.

There's no rhyme and reason to these things. You've made a great start and that's the main thing! Don't stress about completing by the end of the month. I haven't been able to write every day so far, because my stepson has been in for an operation and down to visit his new college, so when I have had the chance I've done 3 or 4k days, which I've actually really enjoyed. I'm almost on track, though it's basically running to stand still...

Tonja said...

I'm glad your kids are OK. At least no one got their eye poked out (that's our motto after more than one near miss with child number 2 who should wear safety glasses every day just in case).

I'm struggling too. I'm at just under 8000 words. But my story is solid, and I'm doing the best I can, so I have to call it a win. You should too.

Christine Rains said...

Oh my! I'm sorry to hear about your kids. I hope everyone heals up and feels better soon.

This is my ninth year doing NaNo. I love it! I met with my local NaNo group the first few years, but none of them had any serious ambitions to be a writer. I find connecting to writers on the site better for networking, but it could just be the group in my area.

Lizzy said...

I got so far behind in week 2 that I spent all of last week catching up...hence why it took me a week to finally respond to this post. I wish that I could go to a write in, but I can't since I have to watch my son full time. :(