Wednesday, June 4, 2014

IWSG: June is here!


Well, I missed the last two Insecure Writers Support Group because of A-Z but I'm going to do a quick one for today. Thank you Alex J. Cavanaugh for creating this monthly meme and also thanks to this month's co-hosts are C. Lee McKenzie, Tracy Jo, Melanie Schulz, and LG Keltner!

Well, I don't have much to relay this month.  I feel like my life is a series of days passing by and I can't seem to get enough accomplished.  Like most of us, work takes its toll and raising children does too.  On a great note, my nine year old son got straight A's for three quarters this year, which has me beaming with pride.  And my seven year old daughter is such a wonderful reader, I can't express how proud of her I am too.  That said, I do my best at balancing it all, but there are days when I'm completely exhausted.  I remember when I used to be able to write to the wee hours of the night.  Bah!  Not so much now. I'm lucky if I can keep my eye lids from closing at around 9:30 pm.  Eh, whatever.  I'm not complaining.  I love my life, I just wish I had more time. 

Anyway, I saw this and it made me smile.  I hope it does the same for you.

Do you have any insecurities you'd like to share with me today?  

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I can;t write late into the night either. I need my sleep.
Congratulations to your son!

S. L. Hennessy said...

Time, the enemy of all writers. But that's wonderful about your son! And I love that quote :)

Laura Clipson said...

That's a great quote. I wish I had more time to write; work and family seem to take up most of it right now.

Mina Lobo said...

I hear you on the time thing, sister. For. Reals. I'm on staycation this month and am allowing myself to crash this first week off. But I have to get to writing for the rest of the month, it's been too long since I've done ANY. That's what I'm insecure about right now. Blah.

Mina Lobo said...

PS: Kudos, Son of Mina, on your straight As, and Daughter of Mina, for the reading! :-)

Tonja said...

You are definitely not alone. If you are balancing writing and your kids and everything else, then you are doing it just right and probably better than a lot of us. I can't write into the night. I don't sleep well, but I'm done in the evenings.

mshatch said...

If time were a commodity it would be the most valuable thing on earth. Imagine if you could bottle it, how many people would buy.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

I have been overwhelmed with life, too. In the past six weeks I've launched a new release, proof-read a second book, turned in a third, planned a 50th anniversary party for my parents, attended I don't know how many orchestra and band concerts, tried to wrap up a school year under increasingly trying conditions, all while preparing to leave my profession after 25 years. I am drained.

klahanie said...

Hi Mina,

The balance can be so difficult. Yet, through your exhaustion, there is the positive catalyst of your son doing so well. Your daughter is a wonderful reader and there you go.

Tolkien's quote reminds me of my life.

Have a lovely weekend, Mina.

Gary :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Congrats to the proud mum on her kiddie's accomplishments!
(P.S. Love the quote. I'll join in on that adventure... just let us know when the arrangements are in place...LOL)